Thursday, February 11, 2010

"Did you make a list?"

Mom's voice rings in my ears.

She can always tell when I'm overwhelmed. And for some reason she always asks me if I've made my list. Actually, I know the reason. It's because making a list works for me. Somehow the task at hand seems so much more manageable when it's all there on the paper. As I complete one task on the list, I put a big check mark by it. Each check mark is a little power gem, giving me enough energy, resolve, and focus to complete the next task.

To be quite honest, I am a little overwhelmed with the idea of becoming tough. I'm not even sure I know what it means. Even with using Sarah Connor as model/inspiration, the whole thing seems too nebulous to manage. So for the next day or so, I will be working on my List. Three or four long-term goals, and my mid- and short-term plans to get me on the right track.

Thomas Edison said, "Vision without execution is hallucination." Well, I'm not hallucinating; I'm making an executable plan.

And while I'm thinking loftily about my future mind/body/spirit, I ought not to neglect today. Here are a few things I want to put a big check mark by before the end of the day:
  1. Incline Running 15 Minutes
  2. 30 Sumo/Chair Jacks
  3. 20 Bicep Curls
  4. 20 Tricep Kick-backs
  5. 20 Back Flys
  6. 20 Overhead Tricep Extentions
  7. 20 In & Out Straight Arm Shoulder Flys
  8. 20 Hammer Curls
  9. 20 Lawnmowers
  10. Drink 4 Huge Glasses of Water


No comments:

Post a Comment