Tuesday, February 16, 2010

5 days later?

I had a three-day weekend. It was fabulous, but not very Sarah Connor-ish. Unless you count making my three-year-old help me with the laundry.

I did build my husband a website (www.isaacbenelli.com). I feel really accomplished even though it's not finished.

I also cooked from scratch and ate well, although my over-all calories-from-wine-and-chocolate were a little high (what can I say, it was Valentine's day).

I did an intense abs workout yesterday, but nothing tonight (so far: the night is young!).

I'm still working on my List. It is more difficult than I had anticipated to make myself a list of goals. It's getting me thinking about the "kind of woman" I want to be. Which has me looking at the Bible a little more seriously than I have been looking at The Terminator movies....

So here we are. Parting thoughts?

People hide secrets, time is a lie, the material world can disappear in an instant. It has and it will again. Our identities change. Our names, the way we look, how we act and speak. We’re shape-shifters. There is no control, no constant, no shelter but the love of family and the body God gave us. And we can only hope that will always be enough.

-Sarah Connor, The Sarah Connor Chronicles

I'm not sure what I think about that, but it makes me want to press some weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment