Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Doing Something.

We have a lot to learn from Sarah.

  • Brooding burns lots of calories, but exercise burns more.
  • Tank tops look even hotter when you're doing chin-ups.
  • There is a direct correlation between looking good in tight jeans and the wearer's ability to run fast, jump high, crouch low, and effectively wield heavy weapons.
  • Sweat = Perfume.
  • There's no time like the present.

That last one's a biggie for me. It really easy to cheat myself out of a workout completely by telling myself that that I will get to it later. Take it from me, later never comes. Later, there will be dinner to cook, dishes and laundry to wash. And don't forget raising your only son to be the single greatest warrior Humankind will ever know (pretend not to notice how unlikely this seems when you're cleaning his poop off the side of the bathtub).

There is ALWAYS a reason NOT to work out. But let's be honest. There is NO time like the present. I'm a busy girl, but even I can find time to do fifty squats while I'm waiting for my stale coffee to reheat in the microwave. And let's face it: if I wait till the robots are already trying to kill me to begin my training, I'll be dead along with the rest of you weaklings.


No offense.



No comments:

Post a Comment