Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Checking in. Downsizing and moving out.

I have been busy!

I just took the world's hottest, longest shower to wash this sweaty, tedious, laborious weekend out of my pores and from under my fingernails and out of my brain.

This blog has dates, right? Anyway, it was July 11th today. Well, now it's after midnight so it's the 12th (Happy Birthday, Jason). Ok, so July 11th 2010 was a hot day. And July 10, 2010 was even hotter. And Isaac and I spent both days sorting and cleaning and packing and driving back and forth to the goodwill in the blazing hot sun in his little Mazda pickup truck. 

Does it sound like I'm complaining? I'm not. This is really what we did. And it wasn't that bad. Actually, one aspect I really enjoyed was that Isaac and were together then entire time, working on the same project. It might surprise you if you know us well, that Isaac and I work very well together. I say that because if you know us, you know that we are both stubborn and kind of sassy. But when we work together on something, those qualities aren't the ones that emerge (at least not for the first few hours). Anyway, we made a lot of progress, and we laughed a lot.

I had a couple of anxious moments, especially when I chose to donate some more sentimental items. Isaac was very sensitive and supportive.

It has been hard to update since we've been so busy moving, but I promise to write again as soon as we're settled at our interim place.

*Edited to Add: I wrote this on the 11th, but for some reason it didn't post. Here it is, a couple days late.

No comments:

Post a Comment